Tomorrow is our 5 year wedding anniversary and I thought it would be fun to pay tribute to our little love story. (P.S.: I stole this from a fellow blogger) Enjoy!
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
-We have been dating since November 5, 2001 and we got married May 26, 2007. So we've been together over 10 years and married for 5 years.
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
-Sean and I are high school sweethearts. We met working as waiters at good ole' Colton's Steakhouse when we were seniors in high school. He went to Bryant, I went to Benton, and they are rival schools! He got me to like him by asking me to roll silverware with him. I asked him on our first date though!
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry?
-5 wonderful years!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
- We got married at Garvan Gardens in Hot Springs inside the glass chapel. It was the most beautiful ceremony (in my opinion), and we had a small reception with just finger foods. If I could go back and do it over again I would have dancing at my wedding, but we were on a law school budget!
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
-We call each other "baby", but now it is confusing since we have a baby of our own now :) I also call him Seany and Sean Evan (b/c that's his middle name). He really doesn't have any other nicknames for me.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
-Sean has a strong moral character that I admire and aspire to. He is very funny and is always cracking me up. Oh, and he is the best dad to Isabelle.
7. Tell us how he proposed?
-The proposal was a total surprise because he did it on the day of our 5 year dating anniversary. I thought we were just celebrating that and didn't suspect a thing. We were both in college at U of A, and that day we went to a Razorback football game with our friends. In the middle of the game, he told me he had to go pick up his friend that broke down on the interstate. I was pretty mad at the time because he basically ditched me at the game. My friend, Maria, (she was in on the whole thing) kept me occupied that afternoon by taking me to the mall so I wouldn't go back to my apartment. When I met back up with Sean for dinner that night he had us picked up in a limo and we went to see Miss Saigon at the Arts Center. I was thinking, wow, he really went all out for our anniversary, I feel bad about not getting him a good gift! Afterwards, he had the limo bring us back to my apartment and he had dinner waiting for me on the balcony from my favorite restaurant, Bordino's. I started crying because everything looked so nice. Sean got down on one knee and made the sweetest proposal. The rest is history!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
-Flowers and teddy bear for sure!
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
-I would like to say I am a sunset dinner/beach girl, but in reality it is all movies and couch time.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
-I would love to travel to Europe with him, that is our dream!
12. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
-Always communicate with your husband, even when it is unpleasant. Never forget why you married each other!
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
-Our daughter is what love means to me, we always wanted to have our own family one day.
Here's our wedding photo, just for fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment