Monday, April 2, 2012

Time to Lose the Pounds

Hello,

I have decided it is finally time to get serious about losing these pregnancy pounds.  I didn't want to put alot of pressure on myself to lose the baby weight right away because I knew it would be too much stress at once.  While on maternity leave I focused on her, and the first month back at work I was just trying to make it through the day.  Belle is 3 1/2 months old and I'm finally getting into a routine.  I'm getting more rest because she is a much better sleeper now.  I should have time now to workout consistently again which is something I have missed.  I enjoy exercising so that isn't a problem, it is watching what I eat that gives me trouble.  My friend and I have committed to losing weight together and it will be helpful to have an accountability partner.  As the weather gets warmer and the shorts and bathing suits (eeekk!) are about to come out of the closet, I know I won't be happy with how I look unless I lose weight  I wasn't in best shape before I got pregnant, so I also want to lose some weight beyond what I gained with Belle. 

Here are the stats:

*I gained 25 pounds while pregnant.  (I only carried her until 7 1/2 months, imagine if I went the entire 9 months!)

*While I was breastfeeding I was able to lose about 12 pounds, but I gained some of it back once I stopped, so I have only lost 8 pounds total. 

*Therefore, I have 17 pounds to lose to get to my pre-prenancy weight.  This will be my first goal.

*I also want to lose an additional 35 pounds to get to the weight I was when I got married almost 5 years ago!  I was pleased with the way I looked at that size.  People are telling you the truth when they say marriage will make you fat and happy :-)  This will be my second goal.

The Plan
*I am going to use Weight Watchers online to keep track of my food intake.  Weight Watchers gives you an allotted number of points to use for the week, and if you do not exceed those points you should be able to lose weight.  I desperately need the help because I am not good with portion control or eating healthy!

*There is a very nice gym at work, and the best time for me to exercise is during my lunch break.  If I wait to workout at home it will probably not get done because I'm busy with the baby.  My goal is to exercise 4 times a week for 30 minutes.  I will start out doing light cardio and some weights.  Once I build my endurance again I will extend my workout sessions.

*I would like to lose about 1-2 pounds a week.  I want to lose the weight slowly so I can keep it off.  I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in June, and I would like to be at my pre-pregnancy weight by then.

It is also important to me to be healthy so I can take care of Belle.  So here's to becoming a hot mama!

3 comments:

  1. I still have a ways to go too! You can do it, girl! Here's to being hot momma's together! Can't wait to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to be on this journey with you. At least you have an excuse (you just had a baby), I'm still looking for one. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete